Alec Szczechowski is an experienced litigator, who has practiced in many fields of law including federal employment law, construction law, insurance defense, and intellectual property. Alec has been involved in every aspect of litigation, including state and federal jury trials on complex issues.
Alec graduated from Mississippi State University with a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineer in 2015. While at Mississippi State, Alec was a member of the university’s robotics team, which competed on a national level including NASA’s Collegiate Robotic Mining Competition. Alec then graduated from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2018. During his time at Loyola, Alec was a member of the Loyola Maritime Law Journal, and served as its Managing Editor during his 3L year. He helped expand the journal’s fields of focus to include aviation topics. During his 3L year, he worked as a Rule XX student practitioner in the Stuart H. Smith Youth Justice Clinic in their Children’s Rights division. He passed the Louisiana bar in 2018 and became a registered Patent Attorney with the USPTO in 2021.
Outside the Office
In his free time, Alec enjoys 3D modeling and printing, designing board games, and spending time with his wife (Sara Ashton), daughter (Felicity), and pets.
- Has represented clients in both state and federal jury trials to verdict.
- Has assisted clients with filing trademark and patent applications that became registered with the USPTO and various state agencies.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Loyola University of New Orleans, College of Law Maritime Journal, Member and Managing Editor