Greg is no stranger to high-stakes litigation, and clients appreciate his dedication to helping them succeed in even the most challenging cases. He tries cases and leads defense teams in a wide range of matters, including claims of personal injury, product liability, construction defect and more.
An accomplished litigator in personal injury cases, Greg has experience before juries and benches in both federal and state courts defending catastrophic injury claims related to traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord and neck injuries, severe burn injuries, bone fractures and others. For example, he served as lead jury trial counsel and obtained successful jury verdicts for various insurance companies and their insureds in claims of serious bodily injuries arising out of vehicular accidents. Greg’s extensive knowledge of the intricate medical causation issues arising from catastrophic personal injury claims proves invaluable in mounting a successful defense.
In preparation for trial, Greg has conducted numerous discovery and video trial depositions of medical experts in nearly every specialty, including emergency room physicians, neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuropsychiatrists, ophthalmologists, orthopedic surgeons, otolaryngologists, pain management physicians, primary care and internal medicine physicians, psychiatrists and radiologists. He is also well-versed in direct and cross examination of these medical specialists. Furthermore, Greg has significant experience working with liability, biomechanical, economic and vocational rehabilitation experts.
In addition to his personal injury defense, Greg’s product liability experience includes defending manufacturers of motorcycle helmets, pesticides, scaffolding and valves against claims under the Louisiana Products Liability Act. In each case, the in-depth product knowledge Greg acquires has proven to be a valuable asset in high-exposure product liability cases, as he deposes plaintiffs, fact witnesses, experts and corporate representatives in motion practice and trial preparation.
Another significant part of Greg’s practice is construction litigation, with an emphasis on defending general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect cases, including claims regarding design, structure, moisture intrusion and flooding.
Outside the Office
When not practicing law, Greg enjoys spending time with his family, photography, attending concerts and collecting vinyl records.
- Successfully obtained a defense verdict in a federal jury trial in the Middle District of Louisiana on behalf of a national home improvement and hardware retailer in premises liability litigation resulting from a slip-and-fall.
- Served as lead jury trial counsel in the United States Eastern District of Louisiana for a railroad in an FELA casualty case involving a catastrophic leg crush injury.
- Successfully obtained a directed verdict in a jury trial in the 19th Judicial District Court for the Parish of East Baton Rouge in in a matter filed under Louisiana’s uninsured/underinsured motorist statute.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal for a railroad arising out of an 18-wheeler accident in West Baton Rouge in which the plaintiff alleged the train’s crew failed to properly sound the horn, and the train was traveling at excessive speed.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal in the 27th Judicial District Court for the Parish of St. Landry for a motorcycle helmet manufacturer in a matter filed under the Louisiana Products Liability Act.
- In the Eastern District of Louisiana, successfully defended a New Orleans building owner in a case involving catastrophic injuries resulting from an elevator malfunction.
- Defended a major maritime rental supply company in personal injury litigation in the Western District of Louisiana arising from oilfield operations on the Outer Continental Shelf.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Washington University Alumni Parents & Admission Program
- St. Aloysius Parish Fair Beverage Committee (Chairperson, 2005 to 2014)
- St. Aloysius Parish Fair Entertainment Committee (Chairperson, 2013 to 2015)
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Inside New Orleans Readers’ Favorite, “Elite Lawyers” Edition – Construction Law (2022-2023)
- Finalist, Washington University School of Law Client Counseling Competition
- “Advanced Strategies for Success in Mediation,” Kemper Insurance Company, Charlotte, North Carolina, February 2013
- “Litigation 101,” Hanover Insurance Company, Richmond, Virginia, February 2013
- “Litigation 101,” Unitrin Insurance Company, Dallas, Texas, April 2012
- “Case Assessment,” Unitrin Insurance Company, Dallas, Texas, February 2012
- “Intersession,” Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, January 2010 and 2011
- “Preparing for the Plaintiff’s Expert Deposition,” Association of Equipment Manufacturers “Products Liability Seminar,” Chicago, Illinois, April 2010