For more than 35 years, Donna Thomisee has focused primarily on the defense of personal injury/commercial claims in diverse industries such as auto/trucking, premises and construction. Donna is also highly skilled at unraveling all types of complicated insurance coverage claims. She regularly counsels businesses on the best approaches to avoiding litigation, including consulting on business process improvement. But when litigation becomes the only or the best solution, she brings an impressive record of success. Donna is active in various state and national organizations and is a frequent author and speaker on matters pertaining to litigation and insurance.
Outside the Office
When not busy supporting her clients, Donna serves as Chairman of the Board for LINC Ministries Inc, a nonprofit that works to help empower local – and often overlooked – ministry leaders in multiple cities to share Christ’s love for all people and help their communities thrive. She loves to read, garden, dance, pretend to exercise hard and spend time with her family.
- Obtained a zero-liability jury verdict for a developer being sued for negligence and gross negligence for alleged failure to maintain parts of the property in a subdivision. Multimillion-dollar damages were sought due to a displaced leg fracture which necessitated multiple surgeries.
- Obtained a zero-liability jury verdict for a homebuilder being sued for an alleged defective garage door opener. Multimillion-dollar damages were sought due to neck and back surgeries alleged to result from the garage door hitting the homeowner.
- Obtained a zero-liability jury verdict for an insurance company being sued by its insured over a coverage issue.
- Obtained a zero-liability jury verdict for a national convenience store being sued for a trip-and-fall by a customer.
- Successfully obtained a favorable settlement for a large commercial general contractor in a multimillion-dollar property damage breach of contract lawsuit.
- Successfully obtained a favorable settlement for an energy provider in a multimillion-dollar workplace accident claim involving an electrical contact death.
- Successfully obtained a favorable settlement for a large national insurance carrier in a multimillion-dollar claim involving the death of a child in an auto accident.
- Successfully defended a favorable summary judgment at the trial court and subsequent appeal for a carrier being sued directly by a third party in an auto accident.
- Texas Bar Association
- State Bar CLE Committee 2020-present
- State Bar Court Rules Committee, Former Chair and Vice-Chairman of Discovery subcommittee
- State Bar Public Relations Committee, former Vice-Chairman
- 5th Circuit Federal Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Various chair positions over the years
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Texas Bar College
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Houston Claims Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- LINC Ministries, Intl Inc. –2017-present – Chairman of the Board 2018- present
- Board of Directors: Basket of Hope Charity, 2010-2015
- Congregation of Fishers of Men Lutheran Church, Former Executive Chairman and various committee positions throughout the years
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell, Top Lawyers in Litigation and Construction Law
- H Texas Magazine’s “Top Lawyers in Houston” (2014-2015)
- Texas Lawyer Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” (2014-2015)
- Insurance Law
- Computer and Technology