With a deep-rooted history partnering with Gulf Coast maritime companies, we possess invaluable insights into master-service agreements, charter parties and contracts utilized by our clients’ marine insurance service providers.
Offering Comprehensive Coverage Analysis
Lugenbuhl’s in-depth analysis and guidance aid clients in ensuring their insurance policies are comprehensive and well-structured. Fully understanding the critical impact of marine contracts on coverage, we offer extensive assessments to determine if policies include protection for maritime accidents, defense, indemnity demands and more. Our coverage analysis revolves around knock-for-knock indemnity agreements, additional-insured requirements and waivers of subrogation.
Advising On Compliance and What’s Ahead
Moreover, we specialize in interpreting and applying state and federal statutes that directly influence insurance coverage for our marine insurance clients, including The Jones Act, The Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, The Louisiana Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act, The Texas Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act, and The Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act.
- Marine contracts
- Protections for accidents and more
- knock-for-knock indemnity agreements
- Additional-insured requirements
- Waivers of subrogation
- Compliance: The Jones Act
- Compliance: The Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act
- Compliance: The Louisiana Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act
- Compliance: The Texas Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act
- Compliance: The Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act