Megan Clark’s broad experience allows her to assist clients in three primary areas of practice:
- General litigation, including insurance defense, insurance coverage, bad faith, premises liability and property insurance
- Estate planning, including successions/probate, testament, power of attorney/mandate, and living will preparation and execution
- Family law, comprised of divorce and dissolution, prenuptial agreements, child custody and support, and division of assets/liabilities
After graduating from law school and serving as a judicial law clerk for Judges Bennett and Spruill of Louisiana’s Twelfth Judicial District Court, Megan worked as an associate with Bolen, Parker, Brenner, Lee & Engelsman in Alexandria, Louisiana, specializing in insurance defense litigation and estate planning. Immediately before joining Lugenbuhl as an associate, Megan served as an associate with Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith in Lafayette, Louisiana, specializing in family law litigation, insurance defense litigation and estate planning.
Megan was raised in Bordelonville, Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana where she attended Avoyelles High School, was very active in 4-H, a youth lector for St. Peter’s Catholic Church in Bordelonville, Louisiana, and an active participant for her local chapter of the Family Readiness Group, a support system for military families during deployment.
Outside the office
When Megan is not occupied with helping clients achieve their goals and resolve their concerns, she is happy to serve her community through active involvement in the Junior League of Baton Rouge. She also delights in spending time with her family; her friends; her fiancé, Jonathon; and playing with her two Labrador retrievers, June and Dolly.
- Obtained a favorable defense verdict for an insurer (significantly lower than the plaintiff’s last settlement offer) after a bench trial related to a vehicle accident involving an emergency vehicle.
- Obtained ex parte temporary custody for a father of his minor children and, ultimately, sole custody.
- Aided a client with a highly litigious partition of community property, saving the client hundreds of thousands of dollars in the final distribution of assets.
- Resolved countless child custody/support cases between parents, without destroying the parental relationship and allowing them to continue to co-parent.
- Finalized the intra-family adoption of a minor child to her stepfather.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association – Family Law /Young Lawyers Section
- Lafayette Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Junior League of Baton Rouge
- Painted Playground Committee Assistant Chair, 2022-2023
- Painted Playground Committee Chair, 2023-2024
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021-2024)
- Top Lawyers Acadiana: Profile (2021-2022)
- Women in the Law: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Best Family Law Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2020)