Paul Freese joined Lugenbuhl’s New Orleans office in 2023, where he now works closely with clients to guide them through intricate commercial and maritime litigation and bankruptcy proceedings, as well as assisting with estate planning, trusts, successions and probate matters.
Paul has assisted clients in filing and litigating Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings, provided contractual opinions and analyses for clients that are parties to public and private works contracts, defended commercial clients in premises liability claims, and participated in several probate proceedings to enforce testaments. Paul has also defended clients against claims brought under the Defense Base Act and the Jones Act.
Before joining Lugenbuhl, Paul worked in insurance defense, which primarily included representing commercial auto insurers and trucking companies in personal injury claims. Paul also defended insurance clients in coverage litigation in claims involving commercial auto policies, professional liability policies and homeowner’s policies.
Outside the Office
Born and raised in New Orleans, Paul enjoys long-distance running; playing soccer; and watching Saints, LSU Tigers, Yankees and Pelicans games with his bug-eyed Boston terrier, Wingman.
- Represented a Chapter 11, Subchapter V, debtor to assist the debtor in winding down its business.
- Prepared contractual analyses and opinion letters for corporate entities involved in construction projects.
- Defended insurance carriers and overseas employers in claims made in the Department of Labor under the Defense Base Act.
- Assisted clients with pursuing claims on bonds filed in connection with construction contracts.
- Represented a legatee in a dispute between the legatee and executrix where the executrix failed to fulfill her legal obligations and duties to the decedent’s estate.
- Prepared coverage opinions for insurance companies.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- New Orleans Bar Association
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel
- Themis Advocates Group
- Super Lawyers: Rising Stars (2024)